What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
How do we collect personal information?
Where practical we will collect personal information directly from you. Generally this will be collected by us when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, email or when you visit our website. We may request information about you when you purchase or make inquiries about our travel products and services. We may also collect information when we invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
What personal information do we collect?
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to provide travel services and products to you. For example, we may collect details such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, passport details, dietary requirements (if any) and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements.
We also collect information that is required for use in the business activities of IstanbulAirports.taxi, including for example, financial details necessary in order to process various transactions and any other information you may elect to provide to us. We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
When we act as an agent
When we sell services to you, we usually do so as agent for the wholesaler or provider of those products and services (ie, Helicopter Tours, Bosphorus Cruise Tours with Private Motor Yacht, Ferry to the city of Bursa). This means that we usually collect personal information about you, both for our internal purposes, and on behalf of the parties for whom we act as agent, for their internal purposes. Accordingly, the consent you provide under this statement to the collection of personal information by us, applies equally to the parties whose products and services we sell.
For example, if you book a hotel with us, then under this policy you will have consented to your personal information being used by us, being provided to that hotel to enable your accommodation to be booked and being used by the hotel.
We act as agent for many companies, so it is not possible for us to set out in this statement exactly how each of these companies will use your personal information, but we are happy to provide more specific information to you if you email your query to us at info[-at-]istanbulairports.taxi.
How do we use personal information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with travel related products and services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
- Identification of fraud or error,
- Regulatory reporting and compliance,
- Developing, improving and marketing our products and services,
- Involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you,
- Internal accounting and administration.
Is the information disclosed to third parties?
We may disclose your personal information:
- as permitted or required by law,
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes,
- to our third party service providers as well as to our related entities,
- to third parties such as hotels and other accommodation providers and other service providers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for a related purpose, for example to facilitate and process your accommodation arrangements; and transportation companies.
- The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may also be taken to have collected your personal information in their own right, for their internal use. For more information, see the heading above, titled ‘When we act as agent‘.
- Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this. Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorized or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Trans-border data flows
In providing our services to you it may be necessary for us to forward personal information to relevant overseas third party service providers.
Security of information
Istanbul Airport Taxi.com has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. IstanbulAirports.taxi regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
Access and correction of personal information
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we invite you to access and correct any personal information we may hold on you. If we deny access, we will provide you with the reason for such denial. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
You do not need to opt-out from anything because we do not keep your information to do further marketing or promotional campaigns. We believe that kind of marketing is unethical.
Feedback / Complaints
We welcome your inquiries or comments about our Policy. Should you have any comments or complaints please contact us at info[-at-]istanbulairports.taxi.
Changes to our policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.